Finally Famous
Our redneck Senator, Conrad Burns, is finally getting the recognition he deserves. Known primarily for getting absolutley nothing of importance accomplished, he tops off an otherwise lackluster career with an indictment for bribery.(my prediction for the month) He could have done just fine as a boot licking yes man (worked for him for two terms) but then he gets greedy, story as old as the bible. Western politicians epitomize the farce we call American democracy, Larry Craig, Orrin Hatch, Lisa Murkowski and Ted Stevens, all represent the corporations that got them elected and hopefully they all went golfing with Abramof. And if Marc Racicot ends up in this web of shit I will know there is a God.
Talkshow liberals today were upset about Murthas' comment that he would not, were he younger, join the current military. Brushing up their armor and medals they were afraid of looking like pussies. One guy said comments like that were getting just a little to far to the"left"for him. Progressive, liberal, democrat, whatever, he just wanted to be a good American. I can just barely keep from throwing my hammer. To far to the left. Meanwhile, a few thousand miles south of this frozen, political wasteland "numerous televised open table discussions are being held on what socialism means for Venezuela."

3 Comments:
The irnonic thing about the Murtha incident is that it is civilians, by and large, who are upset most. They didn't join the military, and while I hesitate to use the "if you aren't in the military, you can't be pro-war" mantra, it holds some validity.
I adore this country, but I cannot envision entering the military if it meant fighting terrorists in Iraq. If Mexico--purely as a hypothetical--invaded, the story may be different, but it seems to be Murtha's comments resonate because most of us agree.
Even though I am committed to deep, radical change I still love my country.Otherwise ,why would I expend so much energy on this Quixotic project? Murtha comes from a different place politically but is motivated to act by the same sentiment, as are you, Wiser.The worst kind of citizen is the apathetic one
"The worst kind of citizen is the apathetic one"
Weeell...Hitler and his friends weren't apathetic. I get your point, but commitment can lead to fanaticism. How about, "The worst kind of citizen (person) is an unreasoning one."
Post a Comment
<< Home