Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Have You Noticed?

It seems new records on the stock market seem to coincide with the worst violence in Iraq. It also occurs to me that Don Imus' comment was not directed so much at the womens basketball team as at the strippers who accused the Duke lacrosse players of rape. Mixed in his mind. What will American women think of a Supreme Court that has so little regard for the health of the mother? Feminism has had a more profound effect on our culture than any other social force, in my opinion, and the backlash has stirred up our strongest emotions. I believe it plays the strongest role in the resurgence of extreme Islamist ideology, as well as Christian Millenialism. We certainly know what Beakerkin is against (collectivization), has any body noticed what he stands for? Has anybody noticed a science -fiction author named Kim Stanley Robinson? My friend thinks his Mars Trilogy will resonate with my political philosophy but the cover art makes it very difficult to take seriously.

update: Donald Feith teaches a class at Georgetown on why he shouldn't be held for war crimes. 41%of your 2006 income taxes went to pay for the military ,including the cost of past wars, according to the Friends Committee on National legislation. Lockheed Martin reported a 41% increase in earnings ,per share, in 2006. What a coincidence! Boeing reported a 51% increase and Raytheon posted 37%. Sweet.

8 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Troutsky you have a gift for understatement. Leave the comedy to those with more ability.

For the record I have been a Rudy Republican for around fifteen years. Rudy merely articulated the positions I allready held.

I am still laughing at Che Bob. He seems to object to being depicted as lazy. I guess homicidal is okay
with the accolytes of class genocide. Will Che give us a lecture that stealing property and sending people off to Gulags is hard work.

I am sorry that the cult of class genocide is just a ripe target for satire. Maybe if you clowns watched the 700 club or took up bowling you would be less creepy.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger troutsky said...

Think Caddy Shack, not Don Rickles, and youll start to get it. Rudy Republican doesn't give me much. Tough on crime is a bold position, savior of 9/11, strange cross dresser(not that there is anything wrong with that).What else contrasts him with the current Repub buffoons?

Your right about Che Bob and his advocacy of mass murder and I may have to re-think my own support for Gulags (I like the capital G)after hearing your concise argument.Where does Rudy stand on genocide?

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Yodood said...

Trout,
I must say, you appear to be a master baiter when it comes to pumping the beak for spittle. Maybe that is what he stands for. It seems you can't beat him off with a stick.

Coincidently, the word verification for this comment is gumvvvx

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger A Wiser Man Than I said...

What will American women think of a Supreme Court that has so little regard for the health of the mother?

I think the hysteria over the most recent SCOTUS decision seems a bit ridiculous to me. The ban applies to a certain procedure, a rare procedure I might add.

The left seems to think that this is going to spell and end to abortion, but it won't. If the Republicans do ban abortion, or simply return it to the states as it was before Roe and should be based on the 10th Amendment, they will suffer immensely. This is why abortion will never be banned at a national level.

This is simply a bone that Republicans can use to throw to their constituency to show that there are benefits to voting for their guy.

There is no difference between the parties, even if an occasional dispute arises.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger troutsky said...

I preferred life before word verification Greg.Beak says im not worth the trouble but then apparently i am.
Wiser, it is the implications rather than the concrete effects. Law is a funny thing, the way it builds on precedent.I wish there were no abortions, no debate, morning after pills if contraception is just to damn complex for people.But when the first woman and/or her doctor goes to jail for performing a life saving procedure things will get interesting for the "pro-life" set.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger cringing2 said...

Gulags are just so Reagan era, whether capitalized or not. Surely Saatchi & Saatchi can give us something with more pizazz?

Rudy G is most assuredly America's mare.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

It's hard to be precise about beakerkin's politics, because you really can't tell Rudy's positions. He is much like Hillary Clinton. When they ran against each other, they had nothing to argue about.

Thi issue is not fetuses, it's women's independence. I don't know anybody who decides at nine months to have an abortion. The right of rich conservative women to abort won't be taken away, by a Republican. Under Reagan and two Bushes, they stopped not one abortion and they won't in the future. It's an issue only to raise $$ and votes, for the 2 parties.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Renegade

Rudy's positions are quite easy to define. He merely ran the largest city in the country. It is that you are so far out of the mainstream your perspective is skewed.

Why don't you Commies join the Mickey mouse club? Instead of being viewed as creepy you will be
considered eccentric.

Too bad the VT killer didn't add a few anti war lines. You could hold his picture next to cop killer Mummia when terrorist Bill Ayers speaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home