Left Coast
Just returned from a Holiday Trip to California, the place I was born and raised, and am still processing the whole experience. There is just so MUCH- so many people, so much wealth and economic activity, such varied landscapes and ecosystems, so much beauty and ugliness... Driving there is a trip, the people are so aggressive and impatient behind the wheel, just constantly jockeying for position and place- guess it goes with the competitive lifestyle. Lots of solar panels and windfarms and Prius's and recycling amidst the insane levels of consumption and resource use- also lots of New Age crystal worship and animal protection and spiritual rejuvenation which doesn't seem to be bringing much in the way of needed moisture. This current drought is truly severe, the place will burn up and blow away if something doesn't change. I left decades ago with a deep anger over the way the place was being ripped up and paved over, truly a Garden of Eden in the 60's, now bumper to bumper as far as the eye can see. Makes me appreciate Montana and realize we can't let it happen here.

5 Comments:
Lots of solar panels and wind farms and Prius's and recycling amidst the insane levels of consumption and resource use ...
-------
We conserve so that we can feel better about increasing consumption?
I fear so.
I think there is a maxim named after somebody that predicts exactly that. Too lazy to look it up.
North or south? Big difference, right?
I'm from the Valley, and left when I went to college. I've been back in Carlsbad a lot recently: my dad is 90 and failing. It's beautiful coast, but yeah, it is depressing to see how it is "developed."
Best Coffee Makers
Single Cup Coffee Makers
Single Serve Coffee Makers
Bunn Coffee Makers
Mr. Coffee Coffee Makers
Espresso Coffee Makers
Commercial Coffee Makers
Stainless Steel Coffee Makers
Reclining Loveseat
Reclining Loveseat
Dual Reclining Loveseat
Recliner Loveseat
Reclining Loveseat with Console
Reclining Loveseat with Console
Reclining Loveseat with Center Console
Sectional Sofa Set
Sectional Sofas
Leather Sectional Sofa
Best Pool Pumps Reviews
Pentair Pool Pump
Intex Pool Pump
Hayward Pool Pump
Pool Pumps for Sale
Above Ground Pool Pumps
Solar Pool Pump
Pool Pump Timer
Best Zero Turn Mower
Best Zero Turn Mower
Zero Turn Mower Reviews
Zero Turn Mowers for Sale
Husqvarna Zero Turn Mowers
Husqvarna Zero Turn Mowers
Cheap Zero Turn Mowers
Commercial Zero Turn Mowers
Post a Comment
<< Home