Thursday, October 23, 2014

More Gas and Oil

Saw Prof. Michael Schwartz speak last night at the U of M about my favorite subject, oil wars. His basic thesis is: It's the Oil, Stupid! So he takes us around the Middle East ( mostly, a few detours into Russia and Ukraine and China) and explains the "oily substrate" of ongoing conflict in the region. Something new I learned was the relationship between Israel, Palestine, and Natural Gas. Turns out there is a giant formation right there in the old Mediterranean, just to complicate matters even further, right? I also learned about the vast amount of oil smuggling that goes on, this whole crazy enterprise where various militants capture a well or a pipeline, tap into it and sell the crude on the black market. And then, serendipitously, I hear a report on NPR this morning about the incredible sums involved in...you guessed it, oil smuggling. Get some kalishnikovs, maybe some rpgs and shit,and some big trucks filled with barrels and you are in business, and a brisk business it is, 2 million smackers a day! I live near an oil patch here in Montana but....no, I'm just not ambitious enough. One last thing I learned about was the oil that is being pumped from Kirkuk, now in the hands of Peshmurga Kurds, THROUGH TURKEY! Throw in a little EXXON- Mobile and a little Gasprom, maybe a couple of warlords and clan chieftons...

4 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

terimakasih atas informasinya..
obat tradisional asam lambung mujarab

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Sounds like you had a morons convention. When Marxist clowns with
bogus titles talk to simpletons the results are predictable.

Commies are about as monofocused and reality based as your average KKK guy
talking about Blacks. Place on a bedsheet and a pillow case on the head and you can sing torch songs with Hamas.

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous badut karawang said...

and then finally .. we run out of gas and oil... back to prehistoric age :D

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Bali Driver said...

You have well written post, I search through the search engine and found your blog. You have good skill of writing, sure I will keep stay tune with your next post. Visit my travel blog : Bali Driver and Bali Tour

 

Post a Comment

<< Home