Counter Point
I will admit to a little trepidation about the tone of that last post. Deciding When to act is strategically important.Organizing is important. I would not wish to be the one to cast a deciding vote on whether to start building barricades because I do not have that wisdom but it may be time to start campaigning. All times in history probably seem urgent and pregnant to the participants but I wished to expand on Machiavellis point: "The ban on imagining a new republic is lifted as long as one does not shy away from thinking through the hard measures that accompany the undertaking." We have done a lot of thinking.
So the freedom of expression wars are enjoined! All tasteless commentators break out thy pens! It just wouldnt be modern times if we didn't push everything to the limit.(or beyond) Liberalism or Death!
"America is, in a way, the inability to think of gold metaphorically." John Fowles

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home