Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Home Sweet Home


Sweet
I met the family that lives here, many miles of rough road out of Caracas. The housing problem is one of the toughest in Venezuela but the people are hopeful there will be more progress under Chavez than under the last government. He is encouraging de-centralization , moving people away from the urban area,but it is easier said than done. I asked the man living here why he didn't just pull himself up by his bootstraps, like Reagan suggested( may he rot in hell) but then I noticed he had no boots.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger A Wiser Man Than I said...

Are you suggesting all of protestant work ethic theory is bunk, or only that in certain situations man is less able to improve his predicament?

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger troutsky said...

Bunk. In my experience, people love to work at things, they don't need some ethical imperative to guilt trip them into it. Especially not in the pathological, Protestant sense.Of course some love it more than others and define "work" differently.The wealthy people I work with never break a bead.They think taking big risks, mostly with other peoples money, is work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home