Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Axis of Rich Evildoers

Forbes magazine makes a big splash every year claiming how rich Fidel Castro is. This year his talley is up to 900 million. This is for the kool-aid drinkers who need their deeply held belief in Corrupt Commie Bastards re-invigorated. Of course they don't have any actual evidence to back any of their claims but evidence is for egg head commie scientists anyway.

Not that they are saying there is anything wrong with being rich. The others on the list of the Richest People are paragons of virtue, don't you know, who worked hard for all those yachts and mansions. Its rich commies that provoke their ire, their snide, knowing commentary. But they want you to know that if you work hard and keep your nose clean and stay clear of populists ,you to can be President or a multi-billionaire, whatever. The world is your oyster. Slashing your commie pension plan and giving you the Freedom of 401K is The Fountainhead of Self Determination and The Ownership Society. More kool-aid, please.

5 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger A Wiser Man Than I said...

...they don't have any actual evidence to back any of their claims but evidence is for egg head commie scientists anyway.

Are you saying Fidel is a good little Marxist? I expect better of you. He doesn't need 900 million smackaroos, not if he's a commmunist.

Being a rich republican isn't hypocrital, ironic, or oxymoronic; being a rich communist is all three, or would be if this link hadn't been demonstrated time and again throughout history.

On a small scale, socialist thought might prove valid, but power corrupts. Castro is a bad egg, and if you can't come out and admit that, I worry for your revolution.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger troutsky said...

What Im saying is there is no proof to back these claims of his supposed great wealth, and again my sarcasm may have obscured my intent.As for "bad egg", are you saying his is a totalitarian dictatorship? That he remains in power through terroristic means? I realize he allows little dissent and has an intelligence apparatus of informers, which I find disheartening but understandable. The US alone has tried to assasinate him numerous times and is constantly trying to foment rebellion.

I have not ,unfortunately , had the pleasure of visiting Cuba, but know many who have. It is not a Stalinesque tyranny, as some claim, and a vast majority of the population supports their revolution,and its leader, as do I.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Graeme said...

they admitted they were pretty much guessing, what a joke

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger A Wiser Man Than I said...

I guess we'll wait and see, the old chap is bound to croak soon. The fact that he allows little disent speaks volumes, I think.

It would be humorous if it weren't so serious that we tried to kill the man. The ways we tried to it were especially interesting. If I remember right, my conspiracy book says there were about half a dozen plots, each one more preposterous than the last. I must re-read it.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger troutsky said...

One of the more devious was an exploding cigar! We also have to keep in mind the Latin cultural propensity to elevate their leaders. I fear that when Castro dies the US will intervene and not allow the people to determine their own future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home