Debt-Cieling Crisis Update
This just in: Charlie Sheen, Mad Money's Jim Cramer and Bruce Springsteen have stepped in at the last moment to broker a deal and avert a global financial crisis! Thank you Loord! Just when it seemed the full faith and credit of the United States (of America) was in question, when many were beginning to think our political process was "dysfunctional", order and common sense have returned and we can all rest easier knowing...something...or nothing...whatever.
The details of the deal ( Tea Party prefers the word covenant) remain sketchy at this hour but the crux of the resolution rests on having Oprah Winfrey take over as the Debt Czar, and possibly Prime Minister of Ideology, with exclusive power to sign checks, levy taxes and find out what exactly is the deeper reason so many people are troubled in our modern world.
Global financial markets, China and Bill Gates have all signed on so it appears our Democracy is safe and regular programming will not have to be diverted. Once again America has shown the world that where there is a will there is a way and it is widely expected that Greece and Spain will set up their own Debt Czars. The names of Tom Brokaw, Willie Nelson, and Sandra Day O'Conner are just a few that have been suggested.
Hey, whatever happened to the Arab Spring, anyway?

28 Comments:
Ben Franklin is rolling in his grave.
Well he announced his solution:
... some minor cuts right now, no revenue increase, raise the debt limit and implement the 12 person super committee.
They return their recommendations in Nov.
Should be something 3 House baggers, 3 Senate baggers, 3 House progressives (thanks Nancy) and three Dem Senators from the following list:
Kent Conrad
Max Baucus
Mary Landrieux
Joe Lieberman
Ben Nelson
... and they'll still claim he's a socialist. He's done more to dismantle entitlements in two+ years than the idiot Chucklenuts did in eight.
We were bought and sold
for Wall St. gold
Such a parcel of rogues
in a nation.
with apologies to Robert Burns
Arab Spring, Assad is cutting down civilians at a serious pace and Hillary issued a sternly worded warning.
We still hate Qadaffi because Saudi Arabia does also.
Saudi Arabia occupied Bahrain with our blessing
Yemen, don't know.
Egypt, he has to check in with Likud to find out our policy.
... it's all going according to plan. Meanwhile we're making progress in Afghanistan.
Did I mention how much I despise Obummer. Cue the Beak in 1,2 ... he's upset that people are mean to Pam Geller after the Norwegian incident.
Maybe laughing is the only solution... As I say in my post today, I'm actually coming around to your point of view - Democracy? What democracy?
We are moving to or are in a one party state. The party of Money. It's always been so, but has it ever been so lacking in countervailing checks since the Gilded Age?
I would like to think there could be a primary challenge to Obummer from within the Democrats, but I doubt it...Where would he or she get funds?
What? A white Democrat might run against Obama?
RAAAAACIST!
Arab Spring..Yes the movement where the masses rose up against the leftist loons in Lybia and Syria. Egypt never dismantled Nasserite
leftist economic idiocy and the rest is predictable.
What's happening in Lybia, Beak. I'm not familiar with that nation.
@Pagan:
What? A white Democrat might run against Obama?
Odd...I didn't say a white, black, or green Democrat. Clearly race is on yourmind, Pagan. If only the prez were white, all would be well with the world, eh?
BAM! Bait the hook and the fish will bite. How fucking old are you Lichanos, sixty or twelve? Don't you know all this bullshit "if you don't agree with our cause it must be because you're racist" is soooo nineteen-sixties? It's passe'. It's also fucking stupid and isn't going to move the dial one quarter of an inch in your favor. Don't take my word for it though, by all means keep on playing it.
But just so you'll know, if Obama was challenged for the presidency, it would more than likely be from the left, and would more than likely be a white man, statistically. But I don't think you have to worry, most Democrats don't have the heart or the stomach to go through the unwarranted racism charges the Clintons went through in 2008.
But just in case I'm not being clear, if you think the GOP is going to fold and not run a candidate to keep from looking racist for running against the first half-black President, or even a fully black one, you're crazy.
That was a little (lot?) incoherent Pagan.
When Obama appeared as the first possible minority president it was inevitable that the rhetoric would get heated. It id and what was said about Hillary Clinton was disgraceful.
There's no one to run against him and if they did the Obummer operatives would just start waving posters of Michele Bachmann and that would be the end of that.
Right now it's the right which carries on this race obsession.
No its not the right that carries on the race obsession. Or wait a minute, is Lichanos on "the right"? I'm sure that would come as big a surprise to him as it would to me. No its the left that hurls the racist charge every time you turn around, and its usually the right that typically plays defense. What I'm saying is, the defense is over, because we clearly don't give a fuck any more.
Against affirmative action? Racist. Want to reform welfare? Want to reform entitlements? Racist. You support a perfectly understandable and justifiable war? Racist. Want to cut tax rates? Racist. Want to reduce regulations? Racist. Order a vanilla milkshake instead of a chocolate one at Dairy Queen? Racist.
I never thought I'd ever see the day I would ever be sympathetic to Hillary Clinton over anything. Even back in the days I was a Democrat and supporter of Clinton I didn't like her. Obama accomplished what I would have thought was the fucking impossible.
Want to reform welfare? Want to reform entitlements? Racist.
--------------------
Actually it was Clinton who got the welfare reform done.
As far as entitlements. You are aware that it is Obummer who is demanding reductions in Social Security and Medicare I assume. If not you really aren't sufficiently informed to comment.
You probably saw the figures on the net worth of minority households. Obummer sure is working hard on affirmative action, isn't he. A little more of this ass rack's magic and their net worth will average zero. He's giving them the Full Ayn Rand, you should applaud.
Now get over the race thing and realize you're in a bind. You've got Romney, who is a little left of Obummer and a clown car of freaks in the opposition. I don't see why he bothers you so much.
Max Baucus (psychopathically centrist Democrat)from Montana was on the last super-committee to fix health care and did a bang-up job. I should have thought of Max for Debt Czar instead of Oprah.
Neat new book on democracy I just picked up: Democracy in What State with essays by many current political philosophers. Necessary but impossible seems to be the consensus. It has made me realize how simplistic my own thinking on the subject has been but I still think Plato was wrong.
Because he's a liberal. Obamacare, EPA mandates for Cap And Trade even though the law for that failed in the Senate, and which is further hampering the economy. Then there's Fast And Furious which was probably intended originally to push more gun control laws. And though I'm sure this is fine with you, he's trying his damndest to throw the Israelis under the bus, for no other reason than to kiss up to a bunch of people who would just as soon cut all our throats. Including probably his for being an apostate.
Now he's playing the class warfare with the bit about taxes on private jets, which if he did tax them wouldn't amount to jack shit in the grand scheme of things. And if he got rid of the loopholes and subsidies without simultaneously lowering the tax rate he would do further damage to economic growth and job hiring. End the tax breaks and subsidies for oil companies and watch gasoline and electric bills go up even further than they already are, which is thanks to his EPA goons hampering domestic exploration and production.
He knows this shit. If he don't he's even stupider than he looks.
Blacks have been hit hard by the current unemployment mess. In hard economic times poor neighborhoods are always hit hardest. No one wants to invest in struggling areas. Right now, not too many people are wanting to invest anywhere and as a result almost everyplace is struggling. Who wants to start a business and hire employees in the kind of economic climate this ass-clown has created.
Clinton only did welfare reform after it was forced on him by the Republican Congress. He vetoed the first two times they passed it. But of course you know that, don't you?
Pagan, class warfare is when health insurance executives get pulled out of their limos and hung on lamp poles.
Don't start with the class warfare bull or if you do show some indicator that you know which direction it flows.
Obamacare is nothing but an insurance company giveaway to complement the unfunded prescription drug bill which also did NOTHING to even pretend it was containing costs.
What cap and trade? Did I miss that?
Corporations are rolling in cash. Why are they sitting on it and lowering growth?
Why would eliminating oil company subsidies raise prices? If you sy they can just tack on the cost then you admit there is no competition and they have monopoly pricing and it's time to nationalize.
No Ducky, I'm talking about the class warfare rhetoric of Democrats firing up their base by accusing the "rich" of hoarding all the wealth that supposedly in your dream world belongs to everybody. Sorry to disappoint you but it belongs to who makes it and invests it.
And what little bit I have, I promise you I'm holding on to it for dear life. I'm no more for unfunded mandates than you are. I'm also not in favor of telling insurance companies what kinds of coverage they have to offer and what price they have to offer it at. I don't believe insurance companies should be forced to cover acupuncture, abortions, and aromatherapy, and especially have limitations forced on them as to what they can charge for covering such procedures.
This whole thing was doomed to be a mess from day one. Now that its turned into the disaster it was destined to become, now you're assigning the blame on those evil insurance companies. Please Ducky give me a fucking break.
Its like if I own a restaurant and the fucking government tells me how big a patty I should make my burgers out of, how thick the tomato slice has to be, and the onion and pickle, and how much mustard and/or ketchup I have to add, how many fries I have to offer, what kind of oil I have to cook them in, and how much ice I have to include in a glass of soft drink, and whether its cubed or shaved.
Its fucking bullshit. And yes, government regulations add to prices, whether you want to face up to that fact or not. When people start a business Ducky, or invest in one through purchase of stock, they're not trying to save humanity or provide a public service. They're trying to MAKE FUCKING MONEY! Take that potential away from them or reduce it substantially and, well, you see the results.
Ducky - thanks for pointing out that Pagan is a 'little' incoherent: saved me the work.
As for Obama being a 'liberal' as Pagan says - Obama never claimed to be one, and he told the truth!
Finally, I don't think Romney is to the left of Obama. I mean, if Romney were prez, you can imagine how far right he would go, so it's not fair to compare what he says now (which is zilch) to what he 'is' or would be as prez. Not that I care that much.
My fear/prediction is that the Republicans will smarten up and make Romney their candidate, realizing that Bachman, et. al. are way too weird for most people. With the economy in the tank, and Obama drifting ever rightward, people will look at the contest and say, "What's the difference?" and Romney wins.
I made that mistake in 1980 with Carter vs. Reagan: Carter was so conservative, I didn't vote. In this case, the difference between O and R may be less than C and R, but if Romney is prez, he will drift, run, be pulled further to the right than even Obama is willing to go, IMO, so it would be pretty bad.
I'm lookin' into moving to Vancouver. I'm sure they have Pagan types there too, but at least they understand the value of the modern welfare state.
Yeah Lichanos, I let my current cynicism get the best of me.
The current Republican crop is hard core laissez-faire with a big dollop of social conservatism thrown in.
Obama is our hope, that's how desperate the situation is.
President Bachmann -- and we can't afford to say it can't happen.
President Bachmann would tell you all to go lick shit. She wouldn't put up with the crap like Bush put up with. She might have a nicer smirk though.
Lichanos
Can you take Troutsky, Capo Ren and Ducky with you when you move.
Please do us a favor and renounce your citizenship. Just walk into the Counsulate and fill out the paper work and close the door when you leave.
FYI Canada periodically does turn right of center when the left goes over board. They even have some decent right wing talk radio in Montreal.
Prof Tarzan self deported himself and should be considered a role model for lefties everywhere. Be like Prof Tarzan leave the country, don a loin cloth, hang out with actual chimps as opposed to labotomized university faculty
and swing thru the Forrest.
Vancouver's a little too hipster for me, Beak.
Plus, their hockey team sucks.
Ducky
You could go to Montreal. I am sure they have art film houses there.
Thanks to the badgering of Larry Gamboner types they are leaving in droves for NYC.
Yeah, Montreal ain't bad and my French would probably come back fairly quickly.
Do they put leftists in camps as you and Pagan are proposing?
Nice thread at your place accusing the kids who were murdered in Norway. I've encountered blaming the victim but you hit a new level of dementia.
Get ready for the double dip. Hope they don't cut back at Homeland Security or you're in big trouble.
Canada has been one giant overgrown camp until the last few years, but the Conservatives have been gradually loosening the chains. Now its more like a giant overgrown halfway house. It's still got a ways to go. I think you can still be imprisoned for hate speech (known in normal places as speaking your mind), but at least its getting better. Maybe soon Anne Coulter can give a speech at a university there without having to worry about being sued or tossed in prison. That's a typical leftist country for you Ducky, so don't whine when those of us on the right propose that we give you a taste of your own medicine.
Lets see, at no place did I condone or approve the actions of the shooter. However, it is clear that the camp was a typical Marxist indoctrination center engaging in typical populist Joooo hatred.
The labor party of Norway is a sick and demented anti semitic Joooo obsessed outfit. The pictures speak for themselves. This is the exact type that rationalizes similar butchery against Jews.
Of course unlike lab rats Marxists are incapable of learning that it isn't great when the shoe is on the other foot.
Placing Marxists in a camp with Jihadis is cruel and unusual punishment to Muslims. Being stuck with pin headed Marxist dweebs is too evil even for hardened terrorists.
Commies should placed in special camps where the Beakerkin film festival shall be shown
We can show all the Rambo films, Exodus, Yentyl, John Wayne, the Hanoi Hilton, Forrest Jump ( even slow people beat up commies), The Ten Commandments and so forth.
If you are tired of film we will
allow you to listen to talk radio
Rush, Shawn, Beck, Savage and the War Room.
The food will be happy meals without the toys.
It will be like the Hanoi Hilton with better food and no Physical torture that commies are famed for and deserve.
Q.E.D.
The Big Money wants a "businessman" to take the reigns and that means Romney. The Mormons know what they are doing, that is why the Chinese borrowed their model of authoritarian capitalism.
The debates will be fascinating however.
In the "what about the Arab Spring" column, trout, Obummer was making his job pitch and started in on what a tough year it's been. "The terrible weather, unemployment and the Arab Spring affecting oil prices".
I wonder if that will be reported?
My guess is that the (P)etroleum (B)roadcasting (S)ystem will gloss over it.
trout, Big Money is shoveling it Obaama's way. They know where to find a good return on investment.
His secret is that as the "hope and change" icon he can finesse this all with little resistance. Romney won't have the left fighting among themselves. Obummer's the better choice.
He makes the occasional move like the DADT repeal that keeps the social left a bit off balance and unable to mount any criticism. Now money doesn't give two warm farts in hell about DADT. So they are quite happy with this guy who can give them what they want and keep the left in turmoil at the same time. It is really so fucking slick and the proles are watching American Idol.
Post a Comment
<< Home