Sunday, May 21, 2006

Comparitive Religious Soundbite

Everything I needed to know about Opus Dei in one easy lesson but I hear the Albino anti-defamation league is up in arms. Thats right. I saw The Spectacular Movie.

The great proto-typical right winger General Mac Arthur had a plan to "democratize" China. From Afflicted Powers:
"Above all, MacArthur urged that no fewer than thirty four atomic bombs be dropped on what he characterized as 'retardation targets' in Manchuria. He insisted "the only way to prevent WWIII was to end the Korean conflict rapidly and decisively", as if a massive, atomic attack on the worlds most populous nation would not in itself constitute WWIII. He was convinced he could salvage his military reputation after the Korean defeat and his hopes for the presidency. Nixon had his finger on the trigger, scary, scary.

5 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger A Wiser Man Than I said...

Aren't we entitled to a review?

Yes, MacArthur was a nut, but I fail to see... ah, Dan Brown, um, no. Hmmm. Yep, I'm still missing something.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Graeme said...

scary. The military is one of the only places that the longer you stay, the higher you rise. No matter how crazy you are

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger troutsky said...

Eric, there is no Real connection between Mac Arthur and Brown, but give me time, I will come up with some contingency, some wierd link. The movie left me unsatisfied, pandered to.You can't have a foot dragging albino chasing you and still maintain a pretense of "serious film".

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

When I was a member of Opus Dei, we would sit around the dark meeting room, and talk about recruiting General MacArthur. he never joined.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger troutsky said...

This is how lame I am, what is "tagged"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home