Friday, September 26, 2008

"This Sucker Could Go Down"

Was Pres. Bush terrified, bored, drugged, what? Is he standing up for "Core Conservative Principles?" ( Thats a joke, ha ha) Is this a "step down the path to socialism"? (quote from House Republican) ( not a joke) Rush Limbaugh wants the free market to prevail and is willing to let the "sucker go down". I'm certainly willing.
Mr. Fishman ( I like the name, he is Washington Mutuals chief EXECUTIVE) "who has been on the job less than three weeks is eligible for $11.6 million in cash severance and will get to keep his $7.5 million signing bonus", is also willing because he can now ride it out in the Caymans.

the "total value of the worlds stocks and bonds is 100 trillion dollars. The derivitives market is somewhere around 500 trillion." Except their value is ephemeral, a mirage, and depends on emotions such as optimism and pessimism. Be very afraid. Our economy is still growing. What to believe?

"The forger of history does not work in a vacuum: the scope he can give himself and the insolence he can afford depend on how large and heavy is the oblivion which time, indifference and previous falsification have already cast on men and events." Issac Duetcher

A great intellectual/activist who struggled to resist that "oblivion" was Eqbal Ahmad who passed in 1999. I just finished Confronting Empire which is the transcription of a series of interviews he gave and am amazed at his grasp of the history of all the worlds great civilizations. He also studied the politics of memory and we sorely miss his insight today as the NY Times reports that "Pakistani troops fire at US helicopters." It is a burlesque , blundering , beligerence dragging us through the empires periphery and the show is coming to a bloody, tragic end.

Vice Presidential wanna be Palin told Katie Couric that to her it was "clear who are the good guys and who are the bad guys." I'm guessing she had not read Eqbal Ahmed. She also said we would not "second guess" Israels actions! " Hard-core right-wing settlers have responded to limited army operations in recent weeks by blocking roads, rioting spontaneously, throwing stones at Palestinians vehicles and burning Palestinian orchards and fields all over the West Bank." NY Times Like Bolivian Right Wing, they worship at the temple of violence and racial superiority. Palin has read the Bible and westerns.

9 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Troutsky

You are seriously brain impaired and need to lay off the reefer. There have been booms and busts before and will be long after we are gone.

As a member of a demented cult you view everything through the prism of wishful thinking. Marx is dead and discredited and you are nothing but comedic relief to your pampered clients.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger troutsky said...

Marx is dead but I fear I bring little relief to my clients.Thanks for stopping bye! Beak old buddy, are you "for the bailout"?

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

Was Pres. Bush terrified, bored, drugged, what? Is he standing up for "Core Conservative Principles?" ( Thats a joke, ha ha) Is this a "step down the path to socialism"? (quote from House Republican) ( not a joke)

The correct term is state capitalism.

Both liberals and some conservatives, have been saying the problem is lack of regulation. How can you regulate, an unplanned economy?

I wonder what Sarah Palin or for that Barack Obama, would say about Israel, cutting off aid and arm sales to Georgia, and giving Putin political support?

Why ask Beakerkin for his position? He never took a position before. Not a hotbed for realpolitik.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Ren

There is a difference between a genuine hero and a mere gassy sandwich.

Your ignorance is only exceeded by your treason. You view of reality is warped by your fundamentalist dedication to a cult of pure evil. You peddle lies and stoke anti semitism in the vain hopes of a Utopia that is about as real as Peter Pan.

Kindly let me know when you want to
get into GITMO. Judging by your tastes in film you might even pay for the Abu Gharib treatment.

You seem to miss the point Comwad.
I will respond to the queries of a genuine American like CB. Sonia has told you many times when you trot out that line you were answered but you failed to grasp it.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

Troutsky: Since Beakerkin won't answer questions directed to him, why not delete him from this blog?

Trolling is not defended speech.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

Beakerkin: I didn't ask you to answer questions. I know you have no answers or positions.

Troutsky: I like Sonia personally. Her latest post blames the crisis on "political correctness." I had to hold in from being sarcastic. I don't even know what that term means.

I'm surprised how few people understand the concept of capitalist system cycles.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger troutsky said...

Ren,many times Beaks posts are the highlite of my day! As for a true definition of the global economic order, I do not have enough knowlege to be precise but it does seem like a uniquely modern amalgamation. Mercantilism? State capitalism? Anarchy? I put everything in quotation marks because I am highlighting the hypocricy and disingenousness of those who pretend to grasp it fully.
Beak makes no such pretense, he is happy just being a dick.Sonia actually makes an attempt but her system and framework are flawed as much as her analytical capabilities and knowlege.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Ren

I do not respond to your questions. You are far too ignorant to comprehend the answers. Frequently, Sonia does have to remind you that the questions were answered.

More to the point gassy sandwich, does Sonia know about your odd tastes in film. It was quite easy to get juicy information as one of your friends sold you out comwad for a pittance.

I leave it for you to deduce who sold you out. Let your communist paranoia go into overdrive.

On to the imbecile Troutsky. Your low IQ prevents you from being evil. In short you are too stupid
to be anything other than a follower at best.

I will have to lower the bar so that even a moron like you can comprehend the answer. Investments
become more complex with more factors added into the mix. If I sell a basket with two items in it
the math is simple. It gets harder when the number goes past 100 and so forth. Now add to this mix intangible time based rights to buy at a fixed rate of time commonly known as options that are based on
anything.

If you look behind the mess you will find financial derivatives again. They are a poorly understood
item and even the most brilliant investors do not grasp their complexity. Many people BS about their knowledge of these instruments and got burned.

In short expect a lean year as your
pampered clients likely got burned.

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Nicolas said...

Yes, There is a difference between a genuine hero and a mere gassy sandwich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home