Wishful Thinking
( Written Sun. 6th) Maybe I just projected this but it truly seemed to me like like George Tenet had an existential crisis moment on Meet the Press this morning. Some question of Russert's triggered something and Tenet choked up like he was thinking "Oh my God ,what have I done, what kind of system am I part of , what have I become?" If so, it would be the first human moment I have witnessed from a talking head in ages. Were those tears?
Speaking of pikers, Paul Berman ,Mitchell Cohen and Thomas Cushman all use the occasion of a Forum called Exporting Democracy;What have We Learned From Iraq (Dissent Spring 2007) to exculpate themselves for their own poor judgement in supporting the war. They attempt to deflect criticism in the usual pathetic ways, calling the far left treasonous, bad intelligence, mismanagement blah blah. Can't anyone just bow their head and admit they were tragically mistaken? Anyone heard of Alberto Gonzales lately? Valerie Plame? Jack Abrahmoff?
The overly hyped boxing match between Merriweather and De la Hoya was a Perfect Spectacle, complete with 35,000 dollar ringside seats ,filled with shiny celebrities, and totally mediocre pugilism. Phat Floyd came out with a huge sombrero and Fiftycent doing a rap rhapsody. The only honest response is to drink alot and think of boxing in the day.
I feel the urge to rouse you know who.This seemed typical of that "liberal media" we hear so much about. Headline Saturday on MSNBC "Hamas Rejects US Document; Rocket Fired" next to a picture captioned : An Israeli examines Damage to his House. In the second paragraph we learn: "Islamic Jihad militants fired three rockets toward Israel, damaging a house in the town of Sderot, to avenge the killing of three members of the group by Israeli undercover troops a day earlier."
What about this headline? "Israeli Troops Murder Three Palestinians in Extra-Judicial Assasination" and in the second paragraph "followed by rocket damage to Israeli house."Right.
Labels: Cinco de Mayo, Confessions, Excuses, Israel

19 Comments:
The De La Hoya fight was the biggest money maker in pay per view history, with a $120,000 buy rate. The future is Ultimate Fighting.
Expect Beak to link you with suicide bombers.
Renegade
That would be too easy and the siplistic flaw in Troutsky's post is wide enough for me to dive a tractor trailer through. However, as he is a simpleton, I will spare him.
The basic problem is that as Commies you are beholden to an imbecilic world view. Thus you study sympathetic authors who abuse history rather than convey it. The history of the region does not begin in 1948 because the party
line says so.
As a Communist you are allready linked to terror? Funny Joanne Chesimard, Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dorn, the Red Armies of Europe are all your soul mates. Bill Ayers tried to kill soldiers at FT Dix just like the curent terrorists.
Then there are the exploits of Che
with his low budget act. Killing 14 year old, pregnant women all i the name of Marx with an American Marxist convicted rapist Herman Marks as trigger man.
No need to link those allready linked to terror.
Any volunteers to lecture the Cubans of Union City about the Workers Paradise? I want to do a FOX reality show Revolting America.
Commie dopes try to spread the message of class struggle to the unwashed masses.
I was politically involved with fighting people like Bernadette Dohrn. I find it threatening, being linked to that type of politics. He never mentioned Trotsky. That would be telling the truth.
Troutsky: I want that comment deleted. I'm deleting his comments on my blog from now on.
"Troutsky: I want that comment deleted. I'm deleting his comments on my blog from now on."
It starts with the comments and moves on to the commenters.
Ren
Go right ahead.
Funny, if you eliminate Muslims and Commies you eliminate 95% of the worlds terror. There would be an odd abortion clinic bomber or two but that is about it.
My aren't we touchy about Dorn and the others. It would seem you morons call everyone a fascist, but when you get a closer link you bawl. Sorry you can't handle your own cooking.
Look up on my blog my article about the definition of fascism, and how the word is misused. Find on my blog my using my using the word fascist except to describe Nazis.
You called Herbert Marcuse a fascist.
Find one instance where I called someone a fascist incorrectly.
Anonymous: What a stupid cliched remark. I've never deleted a comment for political reasons. If you read my blog, you'll find more regular rightist commenters than most. This is a personal fight.
I have the right to protect my image against lies.
If you had a blog, would you allow someone who threatens to spam your blog, access to it?
I don't blame you for being anonymous.
"I don't blame you for being anonymous."
Ren
Beak is right: you are an idiot
I would delete this whole thread.
Ive been gone all week Ren.These guys came to my blog to ask me to call off some spammer named John Brown. I tried to do what I could and now they have returned my kindness by driving everybody away from my blog.My summers are crazy busy so I will quit for awhile and see if they find somewhere else to go practice their art.
Troutsky
If you want me to leave just say so. Moreover, nobody has been spammed and and plenty of invecitive has been hurled at me. Unlike you commies I do not cry.
Renegade is a crybaby and yes as Commies you are joined at the hip with Ayers, Dorn, the Red Army groups, the Black Panthers, abusive police states such as North Korea and Cuba. You share the same ultimate goal although you may differ on how to achieve your twisted version of utopia.
The facts about Cuba speak for themselves.
Moreover, the Marcuse based goons employ Fascist speech codes to insulate themselves from dissent.
Speech codes on college campuses are left wing fascist attempts to silence those who disagree with the official victimology heirarcy.
They were used to stop such wonderful free speech excersizes as the afirmative action bake sale.
Sorry if you can't handle the truth. However as herd animals you merely repeat slogans no matter how ignorant.
Beakerkin,
I am glad to here of your dry eyes, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that no one wants to interrupt the affirmative action bake sale.
Also, I am quite sure that both renegade eye and Troutsky aren't card holding commies...at least not in the Red Army, abusive police state type that you are reffering to. (Their sentiments on the affirmative action bake sale should be testament enough).
I think, actually, there are only like two commies left in US. They reside in Texas and vote republican based strictly on their authoritarian tendencies.
But I think what Troutsky was saying is much what Ehud Olmert is currently being criticized for...which basically boils down to terrorism.
Terrorism against the Lebonese and Palistainian people.
(I too can post Anon)
Check out Sonia's blog, the jokes about communism.
Ive been gone all week Ren.These guys came to my blog to ask me to call off some spammer named John Brown. I tried to do what I could and now they have returned my kindness by driving everybody away from my blog.My summers are crazy busy so I will quit for awhile and see if they find somewhere else to go practice their art.
Actually, I must admit that Beakerkin's histrionics keep me practically glued to this site. But, as I've already confessed, I'm the kind of guy who watches NASCAR hoping for a fiery crash.
Early on, I speculated that Beakerkin might really be an artificially intelligent comment spamming machine programmed to resemble a stark raving lunatic. But now I just think he's a meshuggana. Even a shameless gawker like me is beginning to find the spectacle rather embarassing.
The key to understanding the meshuggana, is that he requires an emotional response from those he dislikes. When his ideas are scruitinized, they are so extreme, they get laughed at.
Renegade,
You're absolutely right. My hunch is that he suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Does anyone here have a copy of the DMSR-IV handy?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric
If you want to look for a mental health pathology look in the mirror. The history of the disasters of Communism are quite clear and predictable.
I do not buy Renegade's rope a dope bit with Trotskyism. Moreover,
Trotsky has his own record of needless bloodshed.
Sonia, CB and I all agree that Communist history is a valid topic. However, I think CB in particular cuts Ren and Co too much slack on the culpability of American Communist for Communist crimes. As the results of the application of this malady are entirely predictable continued espousal of this philosophy becomes a mental and moral pathology. Ren knows exactly what is going on in Hugo's wonderland, but he will be in convenient denial mode. Moreover, the mental gymnastics of Che Bob over a repressive police state in Cuba are deplorable and fall into the tin foil hat terrirtory.
When one is off the map, anyone in the mainsteam seems to be an extreemist.
Post a Comment
<< Home