Thursday, October 27, 2011

We're All Sarah Now

Here is Ian Fraser from Finance Magazine on the Occupy movement: "They want to replace crony capitalism with a saner version of capitalism."

And this is Nicholas Kristoff in today's NYT: "this is a chance to save capitalism from crony capitalists."

There are other examples around the internets because the memo finally went out, Sarah Palin had it right. As readers have noticed, my beef isn't with conservatives, I wouldn't waste my breath arguing with people with so little aptitude. My problem is with these boot-licking liberals who are always ready to clean up the mess after capitalists go on a binge. It is classic enabling behavior, like the black-eyed wife protecting her abuser husband. ( see the rage underlying Pagan's rants)

This is the message from Eric Alterman and the Nation crowd, from Thom Hartman, Glen Greenwald and Rachael Maddow, from any liberal pundit ( Michael Moore is sending mixed messages) that sees an opportunity to serve the master and get a pat on the back. They all know the history. Like all the times in the past Capital, properly chastised, will apologize sweetly, promise never to do it again ( make-up sex?) and a week or a month or a year later...well, you know the pattern.

European banks take a fifty percent write down and the world is made right again. Confidence restored, capital will go get those trillions it has stashed and get back to the business of making widgets. Occupiers will leave their tents, shower,get shaves and haircuts, and go back to the widget factory. A chicken in every pot! Pagan will rest easy at night knowing decency has been restored. It's A Wonderful Life!

20 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger -FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Whereas the "real" Left merely wants to "Reform" Democracy and institute their own unique brand of, "Do what I say for I know what's best for you" Democracy.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger -FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Can't have the people earning and spending their own money on the things THEY want/ need. We need REAL Leftists to them what they are "allowed" to buy and spend it on. THAT's the real reason the Left is so "pro-REGULATION." They've got to outlaw non-union products and criminalize the economically efficient, including the not "pc", corporate energy suppliers.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger -FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

And of course, NONE of that is "crony" capitalism. THAT is just business-as-usual "socialism".

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

I've never seen so much fucking douchebaggery in my goddamn life, and believe me I've seen more than my share of it, and yes, even engaged in some. But this shit takes the fucking cake. But what really pissed me off to no end isn't the scumbag hipsters. After all, they are what they are and you can't expect them to act any differently. What really irks me is how Democrats and the media glosses over all of the more objectionable, despicable examples of their douchebag behavior, and even goes to the extent of trying to put lipstick on this stinking, shit wallowing pig. But let a Tea Party rally take place somewhere and suddenly its a sign of the end of civilization as we know it. Fuck all of them.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Ducky's here said...

Pagan, I recommend Naomi Klein's article in this week's Nation.

Pick up a copy and have a read, you won't get smallpox or anything like that.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Ducky's here said...

Farmer, what you want and what you need are significantly different.
And if you haven't fucking learned that by now then there is little hope for you.

Of course when what you wants conflicts with the desires of the flambeurs at the Wall St. tables we get ourselves into the current situation. Pretty freaking obvious, even to you and Pagan.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Speedy G said...

what you want and what you need are significantly different.

Like I said before...

"Do what I say for I know what's best for you" Democracy.

No thanks, mom.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Duncy

I have no beef with Wall Street. Those guys work hard for a living. My beef is with overpaid Bolshevik freaks in higher ed getting paid huge salaries with government backed loans.

Occupy Higher Ed now. No more money for Bolshevik hacks who do not work eight hour days with two weeks vacation like the rest of us.

the protesters should occupy Noam Chomsky and every far left university professors office in America. 40 hours a week like the rest of us.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Ducky's here said...

You have this ongoing rage at higher ed, Beak. Well known.

Did you flunk out or where you simply not admitted?

I'm quite happy with my time at RISD. Educated me just fine.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will all douchebags please stand up?

http://kulturcritic.wordpress.com/posts/will-the-nobel-peace-prize-winner-stand-and-be-recognized/

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger troutsky said...

Jesus,dudes,chill! The hipsters aren't going to take your Hummers.

This isn't even Rawls' distributive justice. This is just prosecuting Fraud. I wish it were more, but believe me, as someone on the inside, most of these folks still have the same illusions as y'all. They want their shit and 360 parts per million too.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

Yeah, they just want their shit. Then they want your shit. Then they want their neighbor's shit. Then they want my shit. Then they want everybody elses shit.

Well, really that's not fair. They don't want all of everybody's shit. They just want us to "share" our shit with them.

And if you refuse to share your shit, they demand your shit be taken from you and given to them.

After all, its only fair. It's not their fault they didn't work for your shit.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Ducky's here said...

Don't worry, Pagan. While everyone deludes themselves into believing all will be well if the Wall Street casino just drops the vigorish a little the income disparity continues to rise.

I assume you and Beak assume the job creators will still be able to offer you a call center or Walmart greeter job when they decide they have it all and it's time to leave.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Ducky's here said...

Anyway, we have more to worry about.

I was driving to the subway station today and I put on Glenn Beck (be sporting, don't ask).

I can't listen too attentively because he might cause me to lose control of my vehicle but it had something to do with George Soros being able to control our cars using On-Star on election day.

And we're the kooks, trout.

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Duncy

I see the hard work and long hours put in by Wall Street workers every day. They work hard for their compensation.

How many hours does Noam Chomsky or yourself work a week? How many weeks do you get as vacations and holidays.

The price of higher ed is through the roof and the tax payer is subsidizing your sloth. Sorry, but
if these loons are upset that they have graduated with mounds of debt and worthless paper that lead to no jobs they should be occupying your office.

The incoherent dullard leader of this band of freaks is an anarchist
who didn't bow down to commies in his faculty department and is not sufficiently anti semitic for their tastes. If he paid proper homage to Marx and wrote tracts that are lifted out of the Protocols he would be tenured.

Perfect example of why tenure decisions should be stripped out of the hands of Bolshevik hacks.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Where is Prof Tarzan to shed light on this subject? Exactly how many hours a week does he work and how many of his peers openly express disdain for Marx.

Prof Tarzan is not exactly overworked or starving to death. He was last seen running off to examine reports of Bigfoot in Siberia.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Ducky's here said...

Beak, why this hatred. I volunteer at my local high school and teach for a small sum at a local community college.
It works nicely. High school students get a taste of what production is like at the local public access and get a taste of film theory.
Several have continued to a program at the community college and gone on to jobs in production. May I hear your objections, please.

We know your obsession with Chomsky is due to his criticism of Israel which is nether here nor there relative to his employment.
He is one of the most capable scholars of linguistics in some time and formed a world class department of linguistics at M.I.T.

Now I know he isn't as valuable as yourself who by his own farcical admission claims to make decisions vital to the nation's security but this class envy of yours needs to stop.

Now if you would like to explain how you have come to be intimate with the inner workings of Wall Street every day, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

I contend that "the smartest guys in the room" really were dumb enough to believe property values would continue to rise and were surprised by the severity of the bust. They tank the economy and you seem to think they should be objects of admiration. Any comment?

Please try to avoid ad hominem.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

Duncy

Everyone with my degree tended to end up in Wall Street. I interned with a small company, but there was a nice crash right before I graduated.

Unfortunately when the smoke cleared companies wanted fresh grads and at 26 it wasn't going to happen. I share my commute and live side by side with plenty of people who work on Wall Street.

Those who got caught in the storm have to reinvent themselves in their late 40's. I had to do so in my mid thirties in a better economy. The people I know work very long hours six days a week.
They are frequently on the first trains in at their desks at six.

Housing is a commodity and no commodity rises linearly. I was stating there would be a bubble in early 2002 as prices were getting absurd. Frankly, I am shocked it took this long and wasn't worse. When Obama gets re-elected and the jobs are not we may see a real crash that makes this one look mild.

On top of ridiculous home prices is the absurd costs of higher ed.
Young people are saddled with debt
while Marxist hacks pull down huge salaries for no work.

After the Obama debacle the market will develop cheaper alternatives
and the days of wine and roses for lazy Marxist hacks like Ayers, Chomsky and Finklestein will be over.

Marxism on your own dimes, not the publics.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Ducky's here said...

trout, this is a catastrophe. Somebody (Perry?) dimed out Herman. He's a perv.

Who can carry on with the 9-9-9.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger beakerkin said...

The heirs of a death cult with over 100,000,00 real dead are worried about the imagined misdeeds of Cain.
This is too funny.

Send us a note when commies get around to charging Ortega with molesting his step daughter, not to mention butchering indians with helicopters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home