Condi and Rodney Dangerfield
Neither gets any respect! Jimmy Carter talking to Hamas, Bill Richardson now talking to Chavez, while Ms. Forehead is busy cleaning out her desk and arranging a cruise on Sarkozy's yaht. The "Vulcans" have been obliterated and like Kissinger will spend their days dodging International Tribunals. The Israelis continue to expand settlements and send spies and openly mock any administration officials who suggest less beligerance. Mc Cain panders to the Bruce Willis-Clint Eastwood crowd saying he would be "Hamas's worst nightmare."
I noticed they have imposed rice rationing here in Montana while the food banks, soup kitchens and charities are stretched to the breaking point. "A hungry mob is an angry mob"as the saying goes. Certain socialist countries have had the sense to create sovereign food security to ride out these crises, Cuba , VietNam, for example. Many analysts describe the rise in food prices as a "perfect storm" to try to "naturalize" it but though drought is certainly one factor ,Market Speculators have a much larger role. If a "widget " is in short supply, speculators hoard it in an attempt to reap large profits. If the widget is food....
Paraguay has joined the Latin Pink Tide with the election of it's new populist leader and this inspiring chain of events demonstrates What Is Possible:
"Beginning on April 6 2006, with the declaration of a four day general strike,and rally for democracy, the Jan Andolan turned into a nineteen day uprising that brought over a million people into the streeets of Kathmandu and the other cities, braving tear gas, baton charges, plastic bullets ,arrests and eventually an 18 "shoot to kill curfew". The strike was soon declared indefinate and joined by shop keepers, drivers, civil servants and even bankers, the cities soon running short on food, fuel and cash."
The (Maoist) Communist party of Nepal was demanding and got an elected constituent assembly to draw up a constitution replacing the monarchy with a new republican, democratic, egalitarian, federal and secular state.
Finally, I want to urge everybody to write- in Reverand Wright for President, the only one with the courage to speak truth to power.

3 Comments:
I'm with you on the Reverend Wright for president idea!
Richardson is auditioning for Rice's job. Chavez will most likely win the concession from FARC.
The new president in Paraguay, is more radical than he's letting on. My comrades know him from him doing union support work.
I agree the Bush leadership will be hounded until death, with lawsuits.
The Reverend said "God decides who will be president" so it could just as easily be one of us!.I think I could do a heck of a job.While writing this comment I was just interrupted by a Jehovahs Witness who also believes God has a plan AND humans have free will but I didnt get into it with her.
Post a Comment
<< Home